Norman Ridgway

This page is designed for all of my friends and family who want to know what's going on with me. I'll try to update is as often as possible. You can email me at normanridgway@hotmail.com.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Hey Everyone...

Well, it's been a while sine I've updated my blog to let you all know what's been going on with me so I thought I send you a quick message on my thoughts for today.

I had to come in early this morning for an emergency project and while I was sitting stuffing CD Jewel cases to be mailed off I realized something. (It's kind of weird to think about but I guess that's my mind) I thought of it a few months ago but the date slipped past and I didn't remember it again until this morning. June 24th of this year was the exact date that I lived on this earth for 17 years with my Mom being alive and 17 years with her being with Jesus. It occured to me that every day from that point on I will have lived longer without her than the time I had with her. The last few years the anniversary of her passing has passed pretty much unnoticed for me but this year has hit me harder than it has in a long time even though I didn't realize it until 4 days after the date. With everything else going on with me with moving to Texas and attending seminary I've realized how blessed I have been by God inspite of the storms I've been through. I know that if she were here now she'd be so very proud of me. I know she is in heaven and that's probably one part of the reason I've been so blessed.

Days like today remind me that life is so fragile and we need to show each other love and tell each other how much they really mean to us. So tonight before you go to sleep if you have children hug and kiss them extra hard. Tell them how much you love them. You never know if that memory will have to last them 17 years or longer. I remember when I was a very little boy my Mom used to tell me to save all my kisses for her. When she became very sick with cancer I remember each day before I left the house I'd kiss her on the cheek so she knew I loved her and to keep fighting. I think those memories will last me another 34 years at least.

In tearful Joy!!!
Norman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home