Norman Ridgway

This page is designed for all of my friends and family who want to know what's going on with me. I'll try to update is as often as possible. You can email me at normanridgway@hotmail.com.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

First Entry God cares even about the little details.

I just wanted to send you a quick email and say hello and share with you my latest God story.

I was up Monday morning bright and early at 6AM and a little stressed because my buddy Byron and I couldn't figure out an easy way to fix the Hot and Cold water thing on the Tubs so I can sell my condominium and move to Texas.  When you turn the knob to "H" it was Cold water and "C" was Hot, "Off" was really on.  We looked at it Sunday and Byron took it all apart and we went to Lowe's and Home Depot to find replacement plate that would put "H" and "C" in the correct locations but we couldn't find what I needed.  Before Byron left he said we may have to call a plumber and have him re-connect everything correctly.  He also said it was probably something small that we were just missing but we couldn't figure out what it is.  If we called a plumber it would require him to cut a hole in the wall to get to the connections and make the fix so it would probably take some time and cost way more than I wanted to spend fixing it.  So I called Debi and asked if she could contact the buyer and see if he would accept it as is and when I got home last night she had left a message stating he wanted it fixed.  Anyway at 6 AM I was awake and a little stressed thinking about all of the possible scenarios such as trying to cancel the contract or paying someone to fix it. 

Well, to make this story short Monday morning I started praying about it.  God showed me how to fix them in less than 5 min.  I keep hearing in my head "down is up".  I was like I don't know what you mean.  Then He showed me in my mind what He was saying.  Anyway, after Byron taking most of it apart and the two of us running to Home Depot and Lowe's God showed me at 6AM how to fix it in 5 min.  He showed me that the handle was just put on upside down when the condo was build.  I unscrewed it like Byron showed me.  Turned the thing 180 degrees so it was pointing down and put it back on and screwed it back together and now "H" is hot, "C" is cold and "Off" is Off. 

I just laid back down in bed, said a little prayer of thanks and started laughing about how good God really is to me.  I called Byron this morning and shared this story with him and he started laughing too.  I'm so thankful for great friends Byron and for how Great God is!!!  He just showed me this morning he's going to take care of even the minor details like "H" really being cold and "C" really being hot and "Off" really meaning on.  He takes what's mixed up and makes it right again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home